Nespresso Lattissima Descaling Procedure [Quick & Practical Steps]:
To increase the life of your Nespresso Lattissima and ensure it keeps brewing delicious coffee, it is preferable if you routinely descale it.
Descaling is a thorough cleaning procedure that removes the limescale build-up on the machine inside, which may have tasted bitter in your coffee. Every Nespresso model follows its own user manual.
Now Grab your Nespresso Lattissima and Get it to descale with us!
- Descaling is a deep cleaning process in Nespresso machines to get rid of limescale deposits stacked up over time while coffee is brewing.
- Skipping Descaling is a bad idea as it not harms the working of the machine, but also the coffee can affect your health.
- The descaling process takes 20-30 mins to finish.
- Before starting descaling, you should have a Nespresso Descaling Kit, a 500ml container, and a Nespresso Lattissima user manual.
- Learn the descaling method from the user manual to follow the step by step descaling process.
- Cleaning a Nespresso machine is easy. Keep in mind to use soft tools and detergents, so they won’t harm the machine.
- Nespresso recommends using their descaling kit rather than any DIY (Vinegar or citric acid) as it affects the machine’s working.
What Is Actually Descaling?
The calcium and lime deposits that form when using Nespresso coffee makers come from the minute amounts of mineral salts used to brew the coffee pods.
Descaling is the process by which the descaling kit, when used, cleans the machine’s inner cycles and gets rid of dirt buildups.
You shouldn’t skip descaling because the limescale that has built up over time makes your machine stop working and provides bad-tasting coffee that is also bad for your health.
How long does the descale process take on a Nespresso coffee maker?
The descaling procedure only takes 20 to 30 minutes of your day to complete. All the dirt and debris are cleared away in this brief time, leaving the machine cleaner and more durable.
Get This Before Starting Descaling Nespresso Machine:
With some extra time from your day, you must have the following things ready before starting the process:
- Nespresso own Descaling solution Kit
- A 500ml container
- Nespresso Inissia User Manual (to follow a proper guide)
You can get the Nespresso 2- packet size Descaling kit from Amazon and the Nespresso website.
Instead of making a DIY liquid home with lemon or vinegar, Nespresso recommends using its descaling solution. These ingredients have the potential to harm the coffee machine and cause permanent damage.
Descaling Nespresso Lattissima [Step-by-Step Instructions]:
Follow these steps to descale your Nespresso Lattissima:
- Empty the machine and plug it in.
- Fill 350ml of water and 125ml of descaling fluid into the water tank and put it back into the machine.
- Place 500ml of the container beneath the machine’s hot water dispensing tap.
- To begin descaling, connect the descaling pipe to hot water until the button stops flashing.
- The descaler light will illuminate when the machine is ready to begin descaling.
- The mixture will be poured through the hot water and coffee faucets at the same time.
- Empty the drip tray and water container and thoroughly rinse them with fresh water.
- Fill the water tank to rinse the machine completely.
- Place the two water bottles in hot water and coffee faucets.
- Press the milk-foam button to clean your machine.
- When the procedure is finished, the machine will go into energy-saving mode.
- Wipe the machine down with a damp cloth and set it aside for 10 minutes at rest.
And, yes, it’s finished. You can now make another cup of cappuccino in your Nespresso Lattissima.
How often should your Nespresso Lattissima be descaled?
Overusing 300 coffee capsules may necessitate the descaling of your Lattissima every 3-4 weeks. Nespresso recommends cleaning your machine once a month.
If your coffee machine is used to make several cups of coffee per day, we recommend keeping track of coffee pods rather than time.
How to clean Your Nespresso Lattissima:
You must take the necessary precautions before cleaning your Nespresso Lattissima. Before you begin cleaning, unplug the machine.
While cleaning it, avoid using any sharp tools. Also, do not put it through the dishwasher. Finally, avoid using concentrated cleaners such as bleach, which can harm the machine and the coffee process. You can also use a soft toothbrush to clean the machine’s Spindler.
Cleaning the Nespresso Inissia, like any other Nespresso machine, is simple. Simply follow these steps:
- Remove the machine’s plug.
- Choose a gentle cleaning agent and a clean cloth.
- Rinse the water tank, drip tray, and capsule container under running water.
- Using a dry cloth, dampen it.
- Using a soft, damp cloth, clean the machine’s body.
- Allow it to dry and rest for 10 minutes.
Caffenu Cleaner pods are also compatible with Nespresso Original Machine models, including the Nespresso Lattissima. You can get it now from Amazon.
When using Caffenu, you simply insert the pod into the machine and turn it on. This pod will remove coffee oils from the machine’s front brewing chamber.
After cleaning your machine, it is now ready to make another shot of coffee for you!
What is the correct descaling solution proportion for the Nespresso Lattissima Touch?
Use one packet of descaling solution in the water tank filled halfway with fresh water to descale your Nespresso Lattissima Touch.
Can vinegar be used in place of a descaling solution?
Nespresso does not recommend using vinegar or other acidic ingredients to clean coffee machines because excessive use can rust the internal components of the coffee machine, causing permanent damage.
Aside from that, you can smell and taste the vinegar in your coffee and must wash it in multiple types to remove it.
In my Nespresso Lattissima Touch, can I use any descaling solution kit?
Yes! As long as you follow the instructions on the packaging, you can use any commercially available descaling solution for your Nespresso Lattissima Touch.
Can you come up with a descaling solution?
To descale your machine quickly, combine one to two tablespoons of citric acid in one liter of warm water and use as you would any descaling solution.
If you can’t find the citric acid, you can descale your coffee machine by combining one part water and one part vinegar.
What if you don’t descale your coffee maker?
Not descaling your coffee machine will affect its performance and efficiency, as well as the taste and smell of your coffee.
If you do not clean your machine within the recommended time frame, coffee residue, calcium, and magnesium buildup will accumulate, potentially causing permanent damage.
How do you descale a Nespresso Lattissima?
Eject the pod into the capsule container by opening and closing the lever. Remove the descaling pipe from the machine’s back and connect it to the steam connector. When the machine is in descaling mode, an orange light will blink.
Reattach the water tank to the machine after filling it with water and descaling the solution. Press the espresso button while holding a container under the spout. The machine will initiate the descaling process.
Once descaled, the orange light will turn white, and the machine will enter power-saving mode. To remove any residue, repeat the rinse cycle with clean water. Replace the descaling pipe and allow the machine to dry completely before using it.
What is the composition of a descaling solution?
Hydrochloric acid is used in the descaling solution. This component reacts with calcium and magnesium during the descaling process, producing carbon dioxide gas to clean the buildup.